View Single Post
      10-18-2021, 10:17 PM   #8
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Maybe, as an IndyCar fan (and a Formula 1 fan), I'm being selfish...
I am an Indycar fan too. Actually I am a fan before Indycar, CART and Champ Car days. I always enjoyed in the past seeing CART talent go to F1. I was a big JPM fan back in the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
But is that beneficial to his career?
Yes, he will get to test his talent against Bottas. A veteran driver on the F1 grid and a great teammate to learn from. If he shines against Bottas, he can get another ride.

He is 21. He can literally go spend however many years in F1 and come home to race in Indycar for decades more. Helio is 46 years old and just signed for a full Indycar season next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
If a driver goes to the F1 scene with the opinion/attitude that he can always go back to indycar instead of going to the F1 scene as that being the highest goal achievable, I wonder if that would make a good material in F1.
I don't think that is Colton's mindset at all, just an outsiders view of the matter(nothing to lose). Colton I am sure is overloaded with confidence, being young and hungry. His dad has been prepping him to race his entire life...an American version Max and his dad.

Last edited by M3WC; 10-19-2021 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 0