View Single Post
      12-13-2019, 02:25 PM   #8
pchalabi
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 750i xdrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
Hi,

Not sure what you mean about the acceleration, I picked a 2016 CPO with 35Km, the car is a beast especially in Sports Mode. The pickup is unbelievable considering the size and weight of this vehicle. I came from an E60 545i Sport which was also tuned and crazy fast but nothing compare to the 750ix. I would chat to your dealer and check if they have. another 750 to test drive and compare!

Also not sure if you can reset the adaptive transmission on these cars, I know this was a feature on the E60 but not sure if it is the same on the G-series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchalabi View Post
Dear all,

I recently purchased a CPO 2018 750i xdrive M-Sport. It is truly a beautiful car and drives wonderfully. I previously owned a 2010 550i and an E38 before that. I love everything about the new 750i except for the acceleration, even in Sport Mode. This is especially true when merging on the highway or passing other vehicles. I know that the G12 is a different type of car and other options such as the B7 and M760i were out there. I believe I have reset the adaptive transmission from the previous owner (put the car into ON and depressed the accelerator for ~1 min).

I would welcome any advice on potential performance upgrades/tuning that would improve acceleration without damaging the car or invalidating my warranty. Now that BMW and DINAN have ended their formal relationship (and the DINAN upgrade would invalidate my CPO warranty) there do not seem to be many options.

Thanks a lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
Hi,

Not sure what you mean about the acceleration, I picked a 2016 CPO with 35Km, the car is a beast especially in Sports Mode. The pickup is unbelievable considering the size and weight of this vehicle. I came from an E60 545i Sport which was also tuned and crazy fast but nothing compare to the 750ix. I would chat to your dealer and check if they have. another 750 to test drive and compare!

Also not sure if you can reset the adaptive transmission on these cars, I know this was a feature on the E60 but not sure if it is the same on the G-series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchalabi View Post
Dear all,

I recently purchased a CPO 2018 750i xdrive M-Sport. It is truly a beautiful car and drives wonderfully. I previously owned a 2010 550i and an E38 before that. I love everything about the new 750i except for the acceleration, even in Sport Mode. This is especially true when merging on the highway or passing other vehicles. I know that the G12 is a different type of car and other options such as the B7 and M760i were out there. I believe I have reset the adaptive transmission from the previous owner (put the car into ON and depressed the accelerator for ~1 min).

I would welcome any advice on potential performance upgrades/tuning that would improve acceleration without damaging the car or invalidating my warranty. Now that BMW and DINAN have ended their formal relationship (and the DINAN upgrade would invalidate my CPO warranty) there do not seem to be many options.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks Moopai for your feedback. I made an appointment with the dealer to have it reset. They said it can be done. Agree it performs better in Sport mode but would like more acceleration when passing or entering highway without changing modes. Might be the best option.
Appreciate 0