05-06-2018, 03:00 AM   #22
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M760Li MY2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Yeah in fairness the taxation is a bit screwed up on vehicles here now. They've just added a big tax on diesel cars which don't mean 2020 emission standards... in 2018. Not a single car meets them, not even sure they know what they'll be yet.

Yet they've also made fully electric cars much more expensive tax wise, they used to be fully exempt. It's got to be under £40k for the price of the car to avoid tax but most electric cars are quite expensive so creep over that.

Finally other than the first year road tax which is steep on the M760Li, it'll then be cheaper every year after than my M5 was despite putting out a lot more CO2.

Honestly I cannot workout the logic behind it all.

I assume your not talking about Comfort modes but in Sports? I'll agree it leans quite a lot in anything but Sport. I just felt that Sport was much more composed. It's a bit more firm riding but nothing major, still very comfortable. Plus it doesn't sound nearly as nice in anything but Sport

Maybe your just a nutter and taking corners at higher speeds than me?

I'll come back to you on this though as my test drive was last year so not driven a 760 for a good while.

Well to be honest I was all for remaining in the EU and very disappointed we plan to leave. However I've changed my mind now, we need to escape

But seriously we are extremely nanny like also so they'll jump up and down to get these things in our cars here as well I imagine. In or out of the EU.

My gut feeling when buying this car is it might be my last really fast road car. In 4 years time they'll just be more cameras, more controls and it'll become pointless. So one last hurrah with a V12 and then maybe something more sensible for the road and start doing track days with a track car instead.

I mean who knows for sure but if you can never really open up the taps, what's the point of paying over the odds on worse fuel economy for something you'd never be able to fully experience.

Our police force doesn't have the numbers out on the roads like they used to, also the mobile camera vans are far less often seen than say 8 - 10 years ago. Budget cuts and all however they are relying on automatic technologies now to catch people.

At first it used to be the static speed cameras which you could just slow down and speed back up again. Now it's average speed cameras, variable limits on motorways with huge amounts of static cameras covering them.

To be honest I think it's mostly a waste of money, the level of traffic we have keeps speeds down almost all of the time anyway. You don't need to put so much money into cameras.

About the body roll, it leans way too much & that's my complaint. With the active anti-roll bars it should be compensating for the lean in any of the driving modes...

I agree with your comment on leaving the EU, leaving is a great idea in the long run...having an independent country is great.

In my case I'll continue driving around the EU with my car & I've just fitted the M Drivers Pack (speed increase to 305km/h + M Perfection Course) for my trips inside Germany :-)

Oh I also highly recommend you protect your car screens with a high quality glass screen protector. This one is taylor made for ours as (rear screens, tablet & front iDrive) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I fitted it yesterday on all screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Congrats. Thats a great color combo.

Thanks UniqueMR, it's a PIA to keep it clean though

-M760Li MY2018
-RR Sport 4.4 SDV8 MY2016
-Mini Cooper Cabrio MY2018

Last edited by Arturo_spain; 05-06-2018 at 03:06 AM..
Appreciate 0