View Single Post
      11-10-2019, 01:25 AM   #1
GC315
Rep
Drives: BMW 750Li XDrive

Squared to Staggered wheels 2014 750Li XDrive

Does anyone know why.....

Ok here's a bit of background. I previously owned a 2015 750i with a staggered configuration (19's). I kept the aftermarket wheels and tires and put the factory wheels back on when I got rid of it.

I just got a 2014 750Li XDrive that came with square configuration (19's). I didn't like how the oem wheels looked and remembered I still had the wheels that I put on the 750i.

I checked tirerack to make sure that the staggered 19's configuration was an option for the 2014, and it was. And the staggered configuration for the '14 was exactly the same (size and width) as the aftermarket wheels that I kept from the 2015.

So I took off the oem wheels (square) off of the 2014 and put the aftermarket wheels on (staggered).

Now the TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor) malfunction light came on. Took it to a tire shop and they said it's because of the wider tires in the back.

BMW service says it needs to diagnose the issue (for $200) and take it from there, but cannot guarantee they can fix it. Great!

It is completely driveable. But seeing that warning light is unsettling.

Does anyone know why the TPM malfunction light is on? Is it just because I went to a staggered configuration?

Also, will BMW be able to reconfigure the sensors so that warning light will go away? Or are they just trying to make $200 bucks off of me and will be telling me there's nothing they can do?

I really don't want to put the square oem wheels back on.

Any advice is appreciated!
Appreciate 0