Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavo11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgear67 View Post
The reason people are bitching about M Performance cars is because M owners got to pay an extra $30K to get 0.5 sec faster car on a 0-60...

And we get an xDrive as a bonus so we are using them year round...lol

Yes, this is a Dakar Yellow 435i M Performance (now an M435i) Dinan stage 2, manual gear box, xDrive and very proud of it.
It's not just about speed, that's only a small slice of the pie to consider....Its the drastically improved road feel, steering feel/response, tighter chassis, improved brakes, engine etc.

Being a finance guy, I tried so hard to convince myself that a 335i/435i/M340i etc was close enough to a true M car so I could save the money. After many extensive test drives though, I understood why the true M cars are so special and worth that price difference if its within your means. Your 435i is pretty and I'm sure is quite quick in a straight line, but please don't go around telling people it's an M car. It's not even an M435i, there was simply no such thing in 2015. That's like a 335i owner saying he now has an M335i because BMW is currently producing the M340i...
Don't bother reasoning with these people lol. Let them slurp their ///Marketting Kool-Aid.

Anyone who buys a "M-Performance" whatever was never the intended buyer of a full M car in the first place. They're simply cut from a different cloth. Like comparing Nike ACG joggers to a pair of fitted slacks.

"M-Performance" vehicles are glorified grocery getters and commuters with a sprinkling of fun. Full blown M cars are (rather, were) built for fun as a priority, and the utilitarianism came second.
Arrogance much?

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0