05-28-2022, 02:14 PM   #14
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
This is the point; the Bronco is reintroduced as competitor to the Jeep Wrangler, as they were competitors in the 1960's. The Bronco design has inherent NVH characteristics that any removable door and roof vehicle would have. The tolerances required to make the doors and roof easily removable increase the chance of noise entering the cabin, and off-road capable suspension + tires brings compromises to street handling characteristics.

There are numerous first-time buyers* of the Bronco that do not understand the type of vehicle they are buying; it's Jeep Thing - Ford style...

* there are many of these buyers on the Bronco forums that do not understand what they are buying. These people will be the source of the soon to be used fleet available for purchase (unfortunately right now at far too inflated prices).
Yep I agree. I always have similar conversations about non sport/sport/track set ups and can tell from the deer in the head lights looks it totally passed them buy. I’m not sure if I’m the only one that gets excited when tire shopping but I think quadratec gives some really great reviews on whole tire line ups make by make. People want those big tread off road tires because they look cool but then they get rid of them because it handled for crap on their mostly highway traveled commute then naturally wonder why they can’t stop as well in snow.

I always joke about the soft top when it’s on the TJ (wife had bought it new with both tops) on the highway its like being inside a bodhran (Irish drum) especially with front windows rolled down
Appreciate 2