05-28-2022, 08:35 PM   #15
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
Yep I agree. I always have similar conversations about non sport/sport/track set ups and can tell from the deer in the head lights looks it totally passed them buy. I’m not sure if I’m the only one that gets excited when tire shopping but I think quadratec gives some really great reviews on whole tire line ups make by make. People want those big tread off road tires because they look cool but then they get rid of them because it handled for crap on their mostly highway traveled commute then naturally wonder why they can’t stop as well in snow.

I always joke about the soft top when it’s on the TJ (wife had bought it new with both tops) on the highway its like being inside a bodhran (Irish drum) especially with front windows rolled down
A TJ was almost civilized compared to the YJ. I had a YJ with the big four banger and 5-sp manual. Could easily do 12+ hours in it. Soft top with half-doors. The Bronco will be a piece of cake. LOL.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0