View Single Post
      11-14-2023, 12:34 PM   #33
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Million times this. In the age of blown V8's, 500hp sedans and torque monsters, the 350 to 385 HP NA 6 that's a bit rev happy is the equivalent of the playful 150HP 4 cylinder sports cars back in the day.
Agreed. I'm over having high HP cars. I want connection and fun. "Sounds and looks fast" is completely fine with me. My 450hp M235 is too fast to have much fun on the street as 1st gear is usually tire smoke and 2nd can get sketchy through turns as the torque can overwhelm the tires. My 265hp Cayman is just about perfect and can put all the power down and launches like my prior WRX.
With some simple exhaust mods which add 10whp/15wtq, the Cayman's power will be just perfect. I've had a number of quick and fast cars and the one car I miss the most was my 106hp 1990 Honda CRX Si. The Cayman fills that void.

I agree that Porsches are too expensive, but you can get one hell of a driving experience by buying a used base or S model 987.2 or 981 for $30k-45k. It's more car stock than 99% of the drivers can use on the street or track. Plus, these generation cars are surprisingly easy to work on yourself, especially the Caymans. You sit in the trunk while working on the engine from the top, easily get to most of the front of the engine from the interior, and a large amount of the engine is accessible from the bottom. I can have top and front engine covers off in 5 minutes. It's also damn easy to remove the transmission or even the motor itself as well assuming you have a lift.

Last edited by XutvJet; 11-14-2023 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17385.50
WolfGTI716.00