RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Love it! Love this car! Because ///M failed to develop an all new kind of proper ///M engine for the F90 M5, this 6.6L V12 is the best engine BMW makes right now. And that sound it makes!! Glorious V12 sound! The sound and smoothness of the V12 makes the reduced agility of the car worth it. Therefore I feel the M760i is a better buy versus the M5. The engine defines the very character and soul of an ///M even if it's not a "Full ///M" and this M760i has a bespoke soul that is hard to find in other BMW's these days.
Whaaaat? By that logic, the S65 V8 is not a real M engine because it's just derived from the S85. Stop worrying about the engine designation and DRIVE the car.
That's not what I meant and you know this. The S65 and S85 are two completely different engines, even though the S65 was derived from the S85. The S63tu4 is not a completely different engine from the S63tu, it has same number of cylinders, redline, exhaust note, etc... but with minor updates to the top portion of the engine. The 6.6L V12 is in a league of its own. And I enjoy the G12 body style more than the G30, but I understand to each their own.

Appreciate 1
Law6377.00