View Single Post
      03-24-2021, 07:02 PM   #141
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideDK View Post
I'm new to BMW, as I have been driving Audi the last 8 years.

If the price is within my target, the BMW i4 will be my next car, and my first BMW. I don't get the hate about the new grille. Passed by the BMW dealer again today, just to check out the new 4 series, and the front is much more modern looking than all the other BMWs in the showroom. The small kidneys just looks dated IMO.

But I'm also used to large grills from Audi.

I totally understand, that all you die-hard fans like the legacy and looks of the "older" cars, but as a newcomer who are not in love with any old BMW designs, I am welcoming this new design change.
That is very interesting. Audi has had some very good designs over the last 14 years or so. The big grills are not the problem with Audis or other brands, it's disfigured and non-congruent designs and grills that are the problem. That is the problem with BMW now. The design language is a collage of psychotic ideas. They don't make any sense and they ignore all traditional design cues for BMW as well as themes and symmetry. Shapes don't match, lines don't match, etc. In fact, I'm actively in the market for an Audi right now. First time I've ever thought of buying an Audi. That's how bad BMW design is now.
Appreciate 0