03-24-2021, 11:46 PM   #142
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
There is also a lot of people blocked from that forum who have seen the car in person and unable to vote in the poll. I'm not denying that people like the looks, and they of course are free to do so, but to put the poll in the G8X forums will of course have slight bias and limit visibility. One member voted and explained that they didn't like the looks after seeing it in person and was then ridiculed and harassed by some G8X members for sharing his opinion and answering the question of the poll and since has had the posts deleted.
This is one of the more heavy handed moderator forums I've been on. Hopefully I don't get in trouble for saying it, but it's true. Lots of closed posts. No clue on the banned people. Now that said, the constant barrage of negative comments on the grilles got really old. Day your peace and be done with it. I get that many, myself included, aren't thrilled with the design, but the ongoing deluge of negative comments was not doing anything to add to any discussion and if people weren't going to shut up (I assume after warnings) then maybe they needed to be shut up. So, maybe the results of that poll are artificially skewed, but I put more stake in the written comments and people's thought. Yes, maybe still a bit one-sided, but does sure the change in thought process of many that once hated it.
Appreciate 0