Thread: Gran Turismo 7
View Single Post
      03-25-2022, 08:56 PM   #17
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Overall I do not like this game. There are some really cool things for sure, but there are many more bad things IMO. It seems that PD has taken it upon themselves to force automotive history onto everyone. And not only that, you're forced to deal with these "assistants" talking all sorts of crap, forced to drive a manual at times, forced to buy cars for challenges (and you can no longer sell cars for money). No doubt the whole game is weighted towards not giving you any money to buy the cars you want without stupid amounts of play, and knowledge that many don't care about.

Beyond that, the AI is absolutely terrible. My 600 PP car is obviously not as fast as theirs if they can slam on the brakes at every opportunity (especially the apex) and still catch me in the end. Brake-checking is a big deal with this AI, and they are constantly hogging the racing line. Basically GT7 is an exercise in how to race off of the racing line and still win.

Is it worth the $94 I paid? Probably. Am I happy with it? Hell no.

At this point I've done all of the Menu Books, and more than half of the Missions, and only have $6M, which isn't even enough to buy a used McLaren F1. I've only purchased 3 cars (I had to), and have spent money sparingly. Beyond that, I bought the Anniversary edition that comes with 1.6M credits, and they still owe me $400K.

Sorry, RANT over.
Appreciate 0