View Single Post
      04-06-2024, 12:22 PM   #5
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
To be honest, I think this is it, especially for collector type cars.

Cars have become a thing similar to fine art, they're tax shelters for the rich. Not quite as big of a.mo ey laundering dump, but getting there

Add in that it's easier than ever for foreigners to buy American collector cars, and at a HUGE discount to what they'd be in their local markets. The number of cars.exported because of a site like BaT is staggering.

There's also a lot of cash buyers out there who are just like you, waiting for the bottom to fall.out that isn't coming. And don't forget, cars are a durable asset that will increase in value with inflation. Your cash only becomes less and less valuable. That's another reason that the rich have been buying up a lot of cars as a hedge against inflation.

That said, a lot of people.lookongnfor a unicorn spec are never going to be satisfied, because their spec in many cases doesn't exist anymore. I see it all the time with Corvettes. People want a specific color, year, interior, and option combo, but also low miles and one owner. Guess what, those are all now either owned by people that it was their unicorn spec and bought 5-10 years ago and will only.sell.for a HUGE premium, or they got bought, driven, resold, driven more, etc and now they're not low mile one owner cars.

All that to say, patience is a virtue, but the active bird gets the worm. If you see the car you want, move quickly, aggressively, and with little regard to budget or what "you think" it should cost. Because the value of a collector car is going up every day as the buying power of the dollar goes down due to inflation.
Appreciate 4
jesm207.50
Mavus2038.50
nicholasn261.00