View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 06:06 AM   #345
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Why would I be butthurt.....when I have both cars 20 feet from me? GTFO.
The M performance cars are not a real M car......END. OF. STORY. M cars are not all about speed.......and if I were to pull up next to a M340 or M550, I'll never say "yay, there is another M car." Ever.
The M550i is just that.....a 550i at the end of the day. Better than a 540....better than a 530.....but most definitely not a M5, either.

The M550 is a great car....but I've driven it twice since I got my M5. It's apples and oranges.

Someone earlier mentioned this whoring out was similar to what Benz has done with the AMG models. I don't like comparing the M Performance cars versus the cheap-ass AMG models (again, not talking about C63, S63, E63, etc....but models like the E43 or whatever it's called). Those lower AMG models are SLOW....the M Performance cars at least have an actual power upgrade more worthy of the name. There, you are paying for the AMG name even though the car really has zero upgrades over the other models.

Bottom line is there is more to the M name than power nowadays. Maybe it didn't always use to be that way but handling and suspension are major differences. The comfort mode (I am talking about handling and suspension, not power) in my M5 is way way way more aggressive/firmer/tighter than even the sport plus in my M550.
"There, you are paying for the AMG name even though the car really has zero upgrades over the other models." Really? Zero upgrades? The cheap A 220 makes 181 hp, the A 35 makes 302 hp. Also the A 35 comes with 4 matic and a different suspension and settings. The list goes on regarding the differences. I'm not saying the A 35 is all the special but saying it has "zero upgrades" is completely false.
Appreciate 2
530iDriver1707.50
chrisk03153.00