View Single Post
      01-26-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
slowhatch
Rep
Drives: F01 LCI 750i

Arrow I bought a used TT BMW as a daily driver... pray for me

Well, pray for BMW's CPO warranty, I'm not that stupid!

Just got bored of my CC-R after 2 years, it was a great trouble free car but was otherwise lifeless. It looked great, got good gas mileage, and was cheap. On the flip side, it was gutless, boring to drive, and our lowered performance pack GT mustang had better ride quality (go figure). But the number one thing that killed my enjoyment in the CC was the unrelenting dash rattles. The sh*t just wouldn't stop. I went through, removed panels, stuffed in felt liners and tightened things down, but no matter what I did, every bump, something was rattling, creaking, moaning, etc. It drove me NUTS. Yes I'm probably more OCD than the average person by a long shot, but come on, the car is 2 years old, driven to and fro on mirror smooth highways, what in the actual F. My 2007 Passat (previous daily) was as tight the day I turned it in with 100k+ miles as it was on day 1. Based on my experience, VW's quality has been moving in the wrong direction. All that aside, I was just getting the itch again, and wanted something to get excited about on my commute.

Being a Russian male I had gravitated towards S classes, G wagons, and 7s all of my life. I just never thought I'd actually be able to afford one. Its the Russian right of passage, as authentic as Adidas track suits, pumas, and gold plated AK47s. So after a few months of window shopping the intrawebs I'd noticed that a local LCI F01 750i had its price lowered from 48 to 45k after sitting for a month, and thought, well, let me go see if I like it. I honestly didn't know what to expect, seeing as I had never even ridden in a 7 series, let alone driven one. I tend to like very light cars and the associated dynamics, didn't know how I'd feel about a land yacht. The car drove every bit like the land barge I expected but for some reason it felt very me, and I just couldn't get over how much car I was getting for the money. I will mention that this was not my first stop in the past month as I like to browse many different cars in the price range to see if anything jumps out at me. I had driven loaded XE's, 3s, TTS, new E classes (E300 interior is incredible, powertrain is absolute trash), new C class (same verdict), and even drove a Golf R for sh*ts n gigs. With the exception of the TTS (which I thought was absolutely brilliant), all the aforementioned was kind of a let down. I mean, they were nice, but I never got excited or felt like I had to have them while driving them. The 7 was different, probably because I'd never owned a real luxury car before. The build and material quality, ride, isolation, and overall technology overload was tugging at my heart strings. I am also very keen on it aesthetically, this is very subjective but I find the car incredibly handsome and classy (something I cant really say about the new G11 7 series). Plus the thing just rolls around on an effortless wave of torque everywhere it goes; feels like you're driving around a levitating bank vault with a rocket strapped to it. I remember pulling over into a parking lot during the test drive (I was by myself), climbing in the back seat, turning on a movie left by the previous owner in the dvd changer, cranking the B&O, and just laughing. I felt like I was in a home theater, I mean for christ sakes, there is sconce ambient lighting on the B pillars

The car felt every bit of its 102k msrp, and felt like a bargain for less than half that amount. I just couldn't fathom being impressed by anything else for the 40-50k range like I was by this, so I yelled YOLO real loud and the salesman appeared. Being that the car was absolutely pristine inside and out (even by my OCD standards), and I had utter peace of mind through the 2 warranties; I offered them 45k drive-out, they shook my hand, and the rest is history.

Specifics;

2013 BMW 750i CPO

N63tu TT V8 (445hp/480tq)
ZF 8spd Auto
28,000 miles
1 year left on OEM Warranty (all services and wear items paid for by dealer)
CPO Until end of 2019
$45,000 out the door (42.5k sale price before TT&L)

Lightning Package
-Full Adaptive LED headlights
-Automatic Highbeams

Executive Package
-Power side window shades
-Power rear sunshade
-Heated/Ventilated seats
-Full leather dash
-Ceramic controls
-Heads up Display
-BMW Apps
-Smartphone integration
-Soft close doors
-Power rear trunk
-Hands-free trunk opening
-Auto dimming mirrors
-Homelink
-Park distance control
-Rear view camera
-Ambient lighting

M-Sport Package
-Aero Kit
-Shadowline Exterior Trim
-Anthracite headliner
-M Sport Wheel w/ Paddle shifters
-20x8.5 20x10 303M Wheels

Rear Seat Entertainment Package
-Pair 9.2" floating rear screens
-Connected Drive
-iDrive rear controller
-6 Disc in dash DVD Changer
-Aux/Usb Inputs

Bang & Olufsen Sound
-1200 Watts
-16 Speakers (7 tweeters, 7 midrange, 2 dedicated subwoofers)
-Ambient lighting for grilles

Some pictures from the day I saw her at the dealer;

Signed the papers, and drove the big girl home the following night;

Appreciate 0