View Single Post
      01-29-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
slowhatch
Rep
Drives: F01 LCI 750i

One of the first things I did was take the car to get a fresh alignment (since the tires were brand new). I also went to a local discount tire to remove all 4 wheel/tire assemblies and have them re-balanced. I didn't feel any vibrations but its good practice to check, plus it gives me an easy opportunity to inspect the brakes, suspension, ball joints, bushings, etc.

2 of the 4 assemblies were off balance by 1 oz, and we also noticed that the left rear wheel was ever so slightly bent. I tried to bitch and moan to the dealer that this should have been caught in the CPO inspection but I was politely told to pound sand. I understand that they have no way to gauge whether I was trying to pass damage I caused myself on them; and of course the techs, covering their own ass, are saying all wheels were straight as an arrow when they "balanced" them. Surprising myself, I did not press the issue and left.

With everything ship shape I took back to the streets;

Over the weekend some of the first goodies came in. I'm a big stickler for wheel fitment so I wanted to bring the factory 20s out a bit. Went with BMS 12mm/15mm spacers front and rear, respectively. Also threw some LED reverse bulbs in from VLEDS, and ditched the "free advertisement" dealer plate frame for a nice oem M Sport unit.

But before all that, I spent the better part of 4hrs with 2 bottles of Lexol Cleaner & Conditioner cleaning and then conditioning every single piece of leather in the car. Suffice to say, there is a lot of leather. Well worth the effort, everything is clean, buttery soft, and has that rich matte sheen that new leather has (not the nasty greasy shine that dealer prep is known for).

Front Before/After

Rear Before/After

I was extremely pleased with myself at this point as the car looked perfect in my eyes

Appreciate 0