View Single Post
      02-23-2017, 10:56 PM   #14
slowhatch
Rep
Drives: F01 LCI 750i

I don't understand why the M-Sport package comes with a nice aluminum dead pedal but neglects the gas and brake. 100k+ car, plastic pedals, thanks BMW.

I couldn't find aluminum pedals to match the factory dead pedal exactly, but I did manage to find a set on Bimmian that looked reasonably close. To start, I removed the plastic brake pedal cover off of the metal brake pedal (snaps right off). Used a clamp to secure the new cover into position and drilled my pilot holes. The fastening hardware (socket cap bolts, washers, nuts) are included with the pedals. On the brake, you can drill through and step up the diameter until you can slip the bolts through, slap on a washer on the back end, lock the bolt with an alley key, and use a ratchet to run the nut up from the back end.

On the gas, you don't have access to install washers or nuts on the back end as there is no physical clearance, but they're really not necessary here. While the brake pedal is metal, the gas is plastic. I just drilled an undersized pilot hole and let each bolt just self tap into position. Worked like a charm.

Came out looking like it should have from the factory;

Appreciate 0