View Single Post
      02-23-2017, 10:57 PM   #15
slowhatch
Rep
Drives: F01 LCI 750i

Tackled another little project I knew I'd have to do since day 1, but had been putting off because its a ginormous pain in the ass. Polishing the previous owners carelessness out of the wood. First world problems indeed.

Side Rant: You know, I bought this car because I thought it'd be an absolutely awesome way to ferry people around in quiet luxury. I have since realized, I hate people. Exhibit A:

Female rear seat passengers;

What in the actual F?! Looks like a damn CSI episode back there, was she dusting for prints? How the hell do you get make-up all over the headrest, center console, and door card? Next time she wants to hang out with us, she's taking the bus

But, I digress, so lets get back to the task at hand. Some fresh microfibers, applicator pads, Scratch-X 2.0 for a light cut, carnuba paste wax to seal, and some detailer for interior plastics and fingerprints;

This is what lay ahead;

Now obviously, a professional with a mini rupes or the like would have made quick work of this and achieved a much better correction than what I can muster with a few applicator pads and dosage of tennis elbow. That being said, after the lady and I got through, I can now drive in sunlight without looking at swirl city all over the interior. I'd call it a 80-90% correction;

Some Before/Afters;

More Afters;

Appreciate 0