04-15-2019, 07:04 AM   #13
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I once mentioned to a cop that pulled me over that there were lots of people going faster than I was driving. He asked me if I ever went fishing. I said, yes, all the time. He asked, "Did you catch *all* the the fish?"

Point taken.

Still, if the limit was 70 and you got pulled over for 75, that's a bit of BS. Most cops give you 10 over.
The fishing line is one I've used myself for many different gripes by the public when receiving police service. Why don't you go arrest a child molester, murderer, bank robber etc.

Another line that is great for folks that blow stop signs goes like this. They will always say they slowed down. The line goes how about I pull out my baton and start hitting you, do you want me to slow down or stop.

OP played the game and got caught. His vile towards the cop is a bit telling, and just to be clear the cop forgot about him the minute he got back in his car and then had to decide what he was having for lunch. It's not personal, it's just the job.

Unless the OP isn't disclosing all the facts. If he got ticketed for just a little over the limit perhaps he'd done something to draw attention to himself or some other reason for an attitude adjustment.

My advice would be, roll down your window, turn off your music, put down your phone, and be polite. Admit to what you've done wrong because you probably know, say sorry and ask for a break. That usually goes a long way.
Appreciate 11
MKSixer34173.50
cmyx6go15689.50
SakhirM410784.50
Red Bread4463.00
David701567.00
Run Silent15127.00
minn1914018.00
scostu1621.00