Rep
Drives: 2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason60051 View Post
These vehicles have gotten so bloated...they look like river barges driving down the road. To each their own...I'm shocked at the price of that M760...I can't justify it...especially with the way it looks. For once in my life I think I actually like the S class more than the two of these.
I think the A8/S8 looks sleeker than the 7 (lower, wider) but it's still super boring. The 7er just looks like a fat boat to me.

S-class looks the best still. The F01 looked nice but the last 7er that really caught my eye was the LCI E65. That was was low, wide, and sleek.
I think Merc just really hit a home run with the current W222 S-Class. It came out back in 2014, while countless competitors had their chance to out-do it, and the S-class is still the segment benchmark and standout even at the end of its production cycle.

BMW just played it too safe with the G11 and then overcorrected their mistakes with the LCI without putting in more effort outside of the grill. Audi is just bland to me, and the black plastic and touchscreen interior is an OCD person's nightmare, which is why I could never live with a modern Audi interior.
Completely agree. I test drove the Q8 and the touch screen plastic with finger prints everywhere was annoying. Audi literally gives you a special cloth to wipe down the finger prints. To me this is a huge mistake and its becoming the interior throughout the majority of the Audi lineup.