View Single Post
      09-24-2020, 08:44 PM   #37
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
I've written one book, about 80k words, and am about 45k words into the sequel.

I read a whole shit-ton of fantasy and sci-fi, ever since I read LotR back when I was but a wee lad. One of the genres I have been reading lately is LitRPG. Basically, it's stories about people who are playing in a game like world, with character sheets, statistics, etc..., like they were in a D&D world, or a modern MMORPG. There are varieties of the genre, some of them based on VR, others are what is called portal fantasy (in which the MC is transported whole into a game world)

Anyways, my wife is editing the first book, and when it is done, I will publish it on Kindle Unlimited. Probably spend a couple hundred dollars for a decent cover, and I expect to at least make that back. I've heard of some KU authors making a thousand or so a month for the first couple months.

If I don't make anything, I won't mind, as I am having fun writing these books. I've got a five book arc planned out for this series, and I plan on finishing the series there. If I make decent money out of it, I will continue writing. If not, my kids are having fun reading them.
That's awesome. I'm sure that's how J.R.R. got started. You never know!!
Appreciate 0