05-15-2020, 10:27 AM   #27
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcavedog View Post
Do you guys has experience to replace the light switch by yourself? If yes, may I request a brief up for step-by-step replacement? The light switch was melted partially as per the attached picture. I bought a new one from a shop wanna to try replacing it by myself. Thanks in advance!
There are instructions on the TIS website that should help in removing the trim to change the light switch.

I don't know if you're LHD or RHD...but if you're RHD...the instructions should extrapolate to the right side (if the instructions are for removing the left side trim).

Click the following link, type in the last 7 digits of your VIN...then type something like "remove fresh air grille" or "removing and installing/replacing light operating facility" in the search box. You should see a link near the top for removing the left fresh air grille. The instruction to remove the trim that holds the light switch unit should be in those instructions. Also take note of any other links in the instructions that may call for doing some "preliminary" work: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0