View Single Post
      03-15-2018, 09:58 PM   #95
Llewelyn
Rep
Drives: G11 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Hi Llewelyn, thanks for the comments and corrections, welcome to the forum and the 7 series subforum, please do continue to contribute and it would be great to see more pics of your 7!

-thanks, I've never turned the HVAC completely off in my current car so didn't realise the temperature slider also goes 'off' in that situation, thanks for pointing that out, every day is a school day!

-it may be different with US configurations, (given another point below) but the suspension button is meant to raise the suspension up higher than 'normal', so higher than when in comfort mode. The idea was to allow cars to go over the odd field or gravel road with pot holes without bottoming out, it only works up to a certain speed (25ish mph iIRC) then it lowers automatically again to comfort 'standard' settings, or you can press the button and lower it again obviously. So sport mode lowers it, as you know, comfort mode is standard setting (higher than sport) and this button raises it further to give even more clearance. (it looks like a 4 x4 for clearance when it is finished being raised!) Hope that clarifies what I was discussing, it was a separate button below the other buttons for surround camera and parking assist. Hope that makes sense. I will grant it is only useful in very few occasions and not something one uses generally but still I find it useful to have for that odd time one goes over a field or bad road (here in the UK at least).

-A good point about country specs. I'm flabbergasted that ambient air isn't standard on the 760 in the US, it certainly is in the UK, and checking the German configurator it appears the Germans have to pay for it on the 760 as well...unbelievable but true...we have it good in the UK. Enough said! Thanks for pointing this out, it may not have been spec'd on this one so not necessarily a removal of the feature from the 7 series.

-hah, caught out! not realised that the same symbol was used already for mpg, thanks, need to get better glasses it seems! Rather poor fuel economy I have to say then but maybe it was just reset...

-agree, I'm a fan of the current style displays myself, not needing a 'modern' take on it personally, but if it can continue to offer the standard dials as well as this bar graph style for those that want it, we all win and that would be good...just not at the expense of our current dial display (or a bit touched up as you have indicated may be of interest)

-we're in agreement on the ceramic controls being better looking and more pleasant to touch. Should be standard on this level of car...

Good points, thanks, once again welcome to the forum, please do continue to contribute and if you feel up to it, I'm sure that we'd all love to see some pics of your ride (in the 'post the best picture of your ride' thread or elsewhere on this forum.

Safe travels.
Thank you! I'm very glad to join the community. Good to learn the vehicle can be raised further on the standard height, I've never being aware of this useful function, and it sure gives a lot more confidence under extreme circumstances. I'm sorry that I should have notice the standard configuration is different from place to place. I found the remote parking system also coming standard on some UK models. Very few US dealers have such configuration in stock when I bought my car back in September 16', and unfortunately, my car doesn't come with such function. I hope I can try it some day.
Appreciate 0