jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
This is why I don’t carry. If I saw that and was carrying i wouldn’t be able to trust myself not to put a hole in that motherfuckers head.
What I meant was, if that happened to me, he wouldn't kick anybody else. I'm too old to take an a$$whupping and I'm no Chuck Norris - a gun is my only viable method of protecting myself. I carry to protect me and mine. That is covered under Tennessee law. According to Tennessee law, if that old lady is not my wife or one of my immediate family, the use of my gun is not covered by law. As long as me and mine are not under immediate threat, that gun is to remain holstered.

If I take it upon myself to use the weapon to interfere in this kind of situation, what happens next is completely on my shoulders. If I pull my weapon without being in immediate life-threatening danger to myself, and then get attacked, consequently shoot and kill this trash, my life then is completely up to the police/lawyers/social media. I'm not covered by law because I escalated the situation which resulted in the attack on my person. With this society's obsession with social media justice, it's a complete crap shoot as to whether I will be a hero for saving an old lady or a racist for killing a black man.

Now, having a weapon on my side does not prevent me from trying to stop this guy by physical force. If I could wrestle him to the ground and subdue him without using my weapon, it's all good. But I'm back to my first paragraph.