View Single Post
      10-30-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
Taipei-TT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 2.0D

Talk me out of a F34

This is a car I never thought I would love....and now....

I currently drive a 2011 E92 and quite love it. However, after being hit by a car while cycling, I have a lower back injury that makes my leg numb in the low seating position of my coupe. Hence, I'm looking for a new solution so that my car will not delay my full recovery. (Anything close to the correct position for me in the e92 means hitting my head. The seats are also simply too low, giving me a bad knee angle...yep...old guy problems! )

I'm 6 feet tall, 162 pounds to give a size reference. I also have two kids, and regularly travel with my tri-bike in the car, as I don't dare put my baby on my Thule roof rack. I am between the 320i and the X3 2.0D. (no diesel available for GT in Taiwan. I don't drive fast anymore (save that for the bike!) so both engines are enough for how I drive.

I think the seating position is marginally better (as in more upright) in the X3, but in all other respects the GT wins hands down.

What am I missing that has led me to the conclusion of buying this odd contraption that seems to be the perfect vehicle for my needs? Owners, please share your impressions before and after you bought the car! Any surprises, both good and bad?
Appreciate 0