08-22-2016, 12:35 PM   #46
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTrunks523 View Post
The predator OC's to 100Hz. I have the G-sync version (my work laptop has an nvidia as well).

I've heard great things about 144hz monitors, but no 1st hand experience. I LOVE the predator though.

That 980M has got to have something decent for an output. I know it defeats the purpose a bit, but buy a decent monitor and connect?

All of my outputs are DP. Just think that most of what I buy ends up being business/monitor expectations instead of homeline/TV.

I bought the Samsung for it's response time ( http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ju7500 ). I got it for pretty much what a 4k monitor goes for (Asus ROG) and I needed the extra tv, so it was easier to bring into the house without the wife getting mad haha

HMU if you ever have any questions. I love this stuff =)
Thanks bro. I never tried to hook it up to a monitor using the HDMI out. The 980M is good but the g-sync maxes out at 75hz. I can adjust it more but it gets all wonky after. The ROG is the ultimate monitor I would eventually want but I'm not sure if it's going to work well with the laptop output.
Appreciate 1