View Single Post
      10-23-2022, 06:46 PM   #2
JellyStyle
Builder of Special Cars
Rep
Drives: G12 B7,F02 750li,E70 X5M,E46M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXBoost View Post
Twin Turbo V-8, M-Sport Package, 145,000 miles. They are the second owners of this car and have *some* decent records, but I really want to go over it. What are some things I should look for and pay attention to while I have it in my possession for a few days?

I also looked up Blue Book value for private purchase under "Excellent" condition and they are looking for a bit more than what Blue Book states, so I'm curious what the value or cash offer should be to make.

Any insight? All is well appreciated!
would get the VIN, go to the dealer and see what history has been done.
there is a ton of items that will fail over time with this car, its par for the course. Oil lines, coolant lines, fuel pumps, the list goes on and on. Dont think this doesn't apply to you, its cause the N63 engine heat cycles so hot and so often, these plastic and rubber items dry out and 100% will fail, so you should see how much they did under warranty or not.

I would also get an aftermarket warranty, its far cheaper, i paid 2500 for mine and put about 16k into the car over the warranty period. ha I used CNA warranty, a dealer in SC will sell it to you but with your miles and age, it might be pricey now. These ocmanies arent stupid, they know the older and more miles, the more will fail, just the ugly facts.

you could get it for 15k and still put 5-10k into it to keep it going. If it was me, i would first get a low temp thermostat in, along with a low pressure oil valve. ,go to N63intake.com and buy there, he's the real deal.

Joe
Appreciate 0