View Single Post
      12-15-2020, 10:57 AM   #7412
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Sounds like there's at least one issue that's lurking beneath the surface and pissing off one or both of you but the issue(s) haven't surfaced yet, so you're talking and arguing about something else as a proxy of sorts, or a distraction. Maybe one or both of you have some unmet expectations. Maybe someone's upset about something they haven't yet been able to articulate. In my own experience when I'm arguing over seemingly everything and nothing, there's something that's pissing me off that I haven't been able to identify or articulate yet.
The lack of communication is what gets me. Then when I try to explain how the lack of communication causes problems, then suddenly I'm an asshole. She's made it clear that she wants to be with me, but rather than talk things out and move on, she refuses to tell me what's bothering her, let's it escalate to a point where she is upset and I'm upset because she won't discuss it with me (or waits for a week or more). By the time I actually find out what's bothering her, I'm pretty well pissed off about the entire situation. Odd behavior from a couple that never had an argument for the first 3 1/2 years.
Appreciate 1