06-17-2018, 05:59 PM   #47
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoze View Post
The fact that the ceramic coating can only be removed via wet sanding should say something about its function and durability compared to waxes.
I can remove it using a DA polish plus some mild cut like orange foam pad and some good product like Meguiar's 105 or Menzerna Fast Gloss.

Never_Enough , just do some research and it is really tough to weed through the BS or the Marketing Strategy some of these products offer. Do you ever wonder what the thickness of these coatings? It will not prevent swirls and scratches.

I am a detailer enthusiast and it pains me when people spend thousands of dollars on products and services when you can do it yourself with a good sealant like a $25 Menzerna Powerlock (my favorite) or Sonax Polymer Net Shield and an hour of your time.

Since your vehicle is new, I would wait until you're not satisfied with your paintwork before performing paint correction and spending copious amount of money on "ceramic" coatings. Ceramic is a marketing term most of these coatings advertise. Chemically, it is similar but won't coat your vehicle with a layer of ceramic glass you normally see with your naked eyes.

I bet if you place a vehicle with an expensive coating to one with a good quality wax or sealant, you would not be able to tell the difference.

I have seen worse where the vehicle is coated with paint protection film (PPF) like 3M or XPel or etc and apply ceramic coating ON TOP of the PPF.

It's a money grab, but hey, it sells.
Appreciate 1