vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
That was one I was looking at and then I came upon these reviews (AAA also very bad in same site):
How about Verizon's offering, which even includes satellite dispatching when in an area with no cell coverage and using a newer iPhone:

https://www.verizon.com/solutions-an...ide-assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Whitney View Post
In an era of near ubiquitous connectivity these services just don't make much sense. When all you had was a dumb cellphone it was handy to have one number to call. Now, need a tow? Just search google maps and call around until you find someone who can come right away.
That was my thinking as well when the roadside coverage was canceled on the almost Mighty Freightliner. Since they are also used in commercial/fleet roles and we mainly drive interstates on our road trips, I always have the option of calling a local truck/bus/RV tow company if I ever need one. Lord knows that trucking companies and their drivers don't like to be parked on the side of the road not making revenue, so they should in theory be quicker to respond.

The one thing that scares me is to drive the tall 2WD beast into the temporary dirt driveway at our SC tree farm, since the cell service there is essentially useless and I'm afraid to think about what an "off-road" recovery tow costs.....