11-19-2019, 10:01 PM   #28
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17f15,18G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
I got my 2016 programmed with Apple CarPlay, every time I connect it, the iDrive goes nuts, I'm experiencing all kinds of problems: system reboots constantly, gesture controls are activated by itself, showing seat adjustments on the display even though I'm not adjusting anything, while listening to music the sound goes really low even if I turn the turner all the way to the max, the BT charging unit would start charging the phone then all of sudden it stops and the list goes on.... The minute I delete the phone and set it back without CarPlay everything runs flawlessly with zero errors! I am really surprised when I read that members on this board are NOT experiencing any issues...It's mind boggling....

By-the-way, the dealer updated my firmware to the latest version before I got CarPlay, so that should not be an excuse.... As far as I'm concerned, it was a waste $$$. The main reason I wanted the CarPlay was for Google maps and Waze as I use it for my long commute to work everyday and I rely heavily on the real-time traffic info. I think I'm going to pay BMW Connect the $200 annually to activate real-time traffic data and forget about CarPlay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac f02+g12 View Post
Depends on when ur car was made if it's a early build like before July u have to get it coded in. The equipment is all there just not activated but if it's a later build after July You gotta go threw connected drive set up a account if u don't already have one and pay for it !!
Oh wow as I can recall only issue I've had was it rebooted once since I've had it that was it knock on wood !! But question have u contacted the company u got the software from ? And what did they say they should at least offer to maybe try to reinstall it that might help and of course the obvious next thing is ur phone up to date with latest software? And how does it work if u tried it not wireless but connected via usb ?