11-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #31
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17f15,18G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
I did contact the person that did the programming, his response was no one complained about the issues I'm complaining about :-). When I asked him if re-installing might fix the issue, he advised it shouldn't make a difference, yet as I mentioned earlier, when I delete the phone and reset it with the car without the CarPlay option I have ZERO issues. Regarding your question on the phone firmware, as an engineer I'm always updating my devices to the latest updates as I understand how important it is. Like I said, it's mind boggling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac f02+g12 View Post
Oh wow as I can recall only issue I've had was it rebooted once since I've had it that was it knock on wood !! But question have u contacted the company u got the software from ? And what did they say they should at least offer to maybe try to reinstall it that might help and of course the obvious next thing is ur phone up to date with latest software? And how does it work if u tried it not wireless but connected via usb ?
Indeed it is but just my inquisitive mind here have u tried using ur phone connected with usb to activate CarPlay instead of wirelessly not trying to bombard u with questions and things of that nature just really curious like I stated earlier because not tryin to put them on front street so to speak but mine was done by Beemer tech mine has only rebooted once and been flawless since that one reboot and on a side note I did have that issue with my seat coming up on the screen out of nowhere but after further investigating it was three things one!! those seat sensors are extremely sensitive two!! if ur sitting in a manor that ur on the edge of the seat the sensors might pick it up because u can swipe ur hand by it without touching it and it comes up that's how sensitive they are three!! My issue was which me not realizing it at the time smh was I wear my keys on my belt loop and when I sat in my seat they were in proximity of the controls which like I stated earlier is super sensitive it picked up my keys thus making it come up on the screen not saying any of that is ur issue just sharing mine and how a simple thing had me stressed and irritated and it turned out to be something very simple