11-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #34
bigmac f02+g12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17f15,18G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
That's exactly why I want it, for Google Maps and Waze but since this is not working, I will go ahead and the buy the service from BMW ConnectDrive for realtime traffic info. You got to love BMW, on the ConnectDrive website, it states the cost for realtime traffic update is $75 but to get this feature, you have to buy the weather feature were now the total cost is $200 per year!

I wish this CarPlay thing would work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR3T View Post
mid-year+ 2016's, while able to get CarPlay activated, were not authorized by BMW for CP, correct? I have one and got it done by a 3rd party. I too had re-boot issues, notably within the first month or so of the update. I'd say I had between 14-18 re-boots, almost all within the first month. When it re-booted, it often would re-boot again almost immediately, sometimes 3x in a row. Luckily, that has stopped in my car, think I've had 1 x in the past 2-3 months now. And I use CP daily.

My new issues, think after iOS13 install...is that sometimes it doesn't activate CP on my phone. I've noticed that if my kid or wife's phone is activated first, it doesn't work. And going into menu on my phone and trying to start CP doesn't work either...unless I turn off BT and WiFi just prior to attempting this.

I'd say 80% of the time, it finds my phone and CP just fine...but this is a minor new annoyance with it.

Again, I think this stems from a 3rd party install on a car that was really not designed out of the gate for CP use by BMW. So I'm not surprised some of the 2016's have issues. If I had the constant issue that Moopai has had, I would simply delete the install and move on with life.

But I do use CP, primarily for WAZE (full screen) and I love it.
I'm not to sure about the when CarPlay became active what I do know is my18 750 came with it but my wife's my16 740 which was built in late 15 and that's the car I'm referring to that I had CarPlay coded in so apparently the tech was there from the beginning so I'm at a loss with when it was supposedly activated by bmw