United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by isjoey View Post
Was awesome! Remember watching Gregg and Michael Andretti battling at Nazareth, PA 1996, my first full IndyCar race weekend. Gregg came in second behind Michael. Remember where I was like it was yesterday his last race.
i'm not much of an oval fan but i loved Nazareth, it was really a road course with no right turns and they used the giant road race aero bits and man was that place fast. went to many races there (only an hour away) and i was there that week end. also saw Mansel hold a clinic there. the best I ever saw there was JPM: the Silver Bullets raced that weekend and slathered their gigantic Hoosiers all over the track. i believe that JPM may have been the best ever anywhere on cold tires and with the added Hoosier grease factor Juan was like a magician, led flag to flag. on restarts he pulled a 1/2 lap on the field in less than 2 laps, and did that repeatedly. watched JPM's on-board videos next day on VCR and was stunned at how his hands moved. then Juan went to F1 and Nazareth was closed down. i always suspected that Bill France had something to do with killing Nazareth because the Lolas made his box-cars look stupid.

Edit: took this couple hours ago in Toronto:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1