View Single Post
      05-14-2019, 04:41 PM   #31
NewQ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 750i

Everyone has their opinion, but I disagree.

I think more people like how it looks. They like its more imposing character and they like how it looks proud, arrogant, and expensive. People buying this class of car generally aren't looking for sporty or understated. Maybe they'll gravitate towards one side or the other, but almost always variations on a theme, that theme being large, imposing, and expensive.

It's the same reason Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, Bentley, and Rolls-Royce put huge grills on their cars (only the flagships in the case of the first three). The 7 had by far the smallest nose of any of them, until this refresh.

It's clear the 7 is trying to pull cues from Rolls-Royce, as well it should. It has more in common with that car and class of customer than it does with a 3.

My read of the opinion of others might be skewed because I like how it looks, but A: there's a reason the competition has big grills B: BMW has data on this and made the change for a reason, and C: it's a 7, not a 2, it's the large and in charge boss and needs to look the part.

Unrelated, are these emoji from 2002 or something? For God's sake, they're called "smilies".
Appreciate 0