View Single Post
      05-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

I am VERY pleased with this "lighting solution". Seeing that it is much more than just bulbs. I was so disappointed coming from my e65 to the F01 having to look at the pissy looking halogen Eyes! I had to remedy that sh1t immediately.
Like most, I tried various 'HID-Type Halogen bulbs. They barely looked better and are typically less bright.
I had the Mtec AEs in my e65 I purchased from e92lighting/Derrick and were quite pleased with them. But when I installed these v2 AEs in my F01, I new I was in for something special when I fired them up and noticed the light output on my garage wall!

So I can honestly and easily state that based on my extensive search and experience, this is the BEST AE solution short of retrofitting some 2013 light assembly in our cars!

Pics:

For comparison; Side-by-Side install pics. And those are HOEN bulbs (left) fyi!

Now for direct sun-light pics (which is the most important right?)

Something equally important to me was/is "heat output" of the components enclosed inside the stock light housing: The LED bulbs, wiring and drivers. I had already been monitoring the wiring for signs of 'burning and overheating' or even smells of burning. As of yesterday or @ 2 weeks later I am happy to report everything looks great inside and zero signs of burning or overheating! I run my DRLs everyday. I snapped the following pics of my install:

Of additional note; The entire kit/items are very well made! Nothing flimsy or shody connectors.

~ Big Marcus
Appreciate 0