View Single Post
      11-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #7
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhasin View Post
Can I retrofit touch command on my 2016 750i ?
Mine doesn't have this package.
I saw a post saying that they successfully retrofitted.
Any ideas how?
I think it's possible to extract that BMW app in the tablet into .apk from someone's touch command.
Then install .apk into a new tablet we buy ourself and then connect to the car via wifi hotspot.
Will this work ?

Here is the post:
http://carsystems.com.ua/news-en/TOU...te-control-en/
That one is interesting. Getting the AndroidAuto APK and BMW TCSU Software Package is supposed to be rather difficult and can only use the BMW Tablet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
I have seen tablets sold on Ebay for $800+ USD. Seems kind of expensive if tablet is locked down and limited to use with vehicle.

6U9 BMW Touch Command is an FA SA option code. Not sure if it requires an FSC activation code.
The BMW Tablet can be used normally outside the car as long as it's not pried out of the cradle. It's physically locked in place with two different mechanisms when the car is off and locked. A personl Galaxy Tablet won't lock into or sync with the cradle either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
Now...If you car needs a replacement touch command it can be done.
Now According to BMW it CAN NOT be retrofitted to a non pre equipped touch command equipped car.
But if you buy a replacement one I can tell you how to reprogram it to another 7 series
its actually very easy.
BMW won't officially allow it for several reasons, including the apk security, Tablet authentication codes and TCSU Software with the driver file. I believe one person here did do it but it was at a BMW AG owned Regional Service Center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
A lot of things cannot be retrofitted, according to BMW, like TJA on North American cars. But, if programming is easy, then I imagine it should be possible. That is unless it is somehow locked, like HU_H2 to BDC, starting in November 2016.
The service docs mention numerous obstacles to unlocking to just run the programming software. Only WUSS facilities have standalone admin software. Dealers have to use the main Workshop or a connected and authenticated Laptop, the Tablet connected to the computer, and the driver key entered on it. The Tablet then remotely executes TCSU.exe. The driver software never leaves ISSS and any additional Android updates are performed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
I work for BMW so just from the dealership
How do you have WUSS admin rights and hard copies of the softwares?
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00