03-18-2019, 08:06 AM   #15
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Horrid race, couldn't have been any worse. I'm done with this shit, I can only take so many years of zero competition and watching the same car blow everything away. Bottas would have won by over a minute if he hadn't shut it down over the last 20-30 laps. Alonso was right to get away from this crap, and even though I love Kimi I think he's out of his mind continuing to "race" this year.

The only good part of the entire race was seeing the confetti machine malfunction on the podium and dump everything at once all over the drivers and the stage.
This is my 30th year of watching F1. The last time this kind of year-after-year domination occurred was with the Schumacher-era Ferrari. And even then, it was only 3 dominant seasons out of 5 WCs. Even Red Bull with Vettel didn't have this kind of domination, as 2 of his 4 WCs saw a close fight with other teams.

This year is starting like it's the 6th consecutive season of Mercedes domination. WTF happened to the formula that would result in teams rising and falling?
Appreciate 1
NickyC17478.00