07-18-2019, 09:28 PM   #120
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
First I don't think jumping from car to car is "unbecoming," but everyone has their opinion.

As a lifelong automotive enthusiast (far before I could even reach the pedals, never mind buy a car), I've been asked "what's your favorite car?" My go-to answer has always been "the next one." I say this half in jest, but I admire the technology advancement of the new.

My other issue is one I'm in now... I absolutely adore my FBO 335i, but I drive 30k miles a year. Four years and I'm well over 100k miles. I'm not interested in driving a car a quarter million miles every 10 years. I usually like to sell them before 85k miles. I just haven't found a replacement yet.
I was building plastic and metal car models probably starting at 6 or 7 years old (probably sniffed too much Testor's glue and paint...); made a whole bunch of hotrods from left over kit parts (or stuff salvaged after the Black Cats did their job...) . Built my first go-cart from a broken frame and McCollough chainsaw engine at 14. Started wrenching with my Dad around that time too. I'd like to stay analog, but unfortunately, enthusiasts don't set market trends...

And I just thought of this... man the money I lost from not saving my Hot Wheels collection
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 07-18-2019 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
10"4974.50