04-29-2023, 10:04 AM   #14
picaso
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Kar View Post
How does driving a hideous looking car let people know you are rich? Driving a beautiful Ferrari Roma or Portofina will let people know you're rich, not something that looks worse than a family truckster. Even the beautiful Peugeot exalt concept says I'm rich, and it's a Peugeot. BMW is going the exactly opposite direction.

And for those that think others actually mean what they say, Ha! I get compliments on my car, but it's certainly not a beautiful car. It reminds me of when I was about 7 years old and we went over to my dad's co-workers house because they had a new baby. It was very confusing how my parents kept talking about how cute their baby was when I thought it was ugly.

When we got in the car and left both my parents started talking about how ugly that baby was. So I asked them why they would say the baby was cute when it was so ugly. My mom explained to me you have to tell them that so they won't be upset with you.
First beauty is very subjective. At least to a certain point, and even beyond that point you’ll always find people who adore what you despise.

Just celebrate others love for what they have even though you do not like it. Why people poke at people’s taste is beyond me. I think it’s some sort of insecurity. Now it’s ok to express you preference, but being tactful goes a long way.
Appreciate 3