10-19-2021, 06:47 AM   #15
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
Personally I find the guy quite contrived and for lack of better words a dork, however, Ed Bolian takes the cake on that front and don't get me started on Tavarish. That guys lack of human interaction skills is bewildering.

As soon as these guys pick up weak sponsors like "keeps" or "manscapped" or silly mobile phone games, the content goes down hill and after 500,000 subs the same can be said.

When the subscriber counts are that high and sponsorships are lame, it's a job and there are people behind the camera doing all the analytics and schemes to get clicks. It's not just a guy in his garage filming and editing and creating the concepts anymore. I can tell you with 99% certainty that a majority of those cars given to him for free or at very substantial discounts and the direction of their videos is chosen by the analytics not by the guy in front of the camera. All this in the name of sponsors.

It's a business and that's how YouTubers operate it and I get that but the fakeness and how people fall for it all makes me cringe.

But I'm insecure and jealous so there's that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
Personally I find the guy quite contrived and for lack of better words a dork, however, Ed Bolian takes the cake on that front and don't get me started on Tavarish. That guys lack of human interaction skills is bewildering.

As soon as these guys pick up weak sponsors like "keeps" or "manscapped" or silly mobile phone games, the content goes down hill and after 500,000 subs the same can be said.

When the subscriber counts are that high and sponsorships are lame, it's a job and there are people behind the camera doing all the analytics and schemes to get clicks. It's not just a guy in his garage filming and editing and creating the concepts anymore. I can tell you with 99% certainty that a majority of those cars given to him for free or at very substantial discounts and the direction of their videos is chosen by the analytics not by the guy in front of the camera. All this in the name of sponsors.

It's a business and that's how YouTubers operate it and I get that but the fakeness and how people fall for it all makes me cringe.

But I'm insecure and jealous so there's that too.
"Keeps"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1