Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oln08 View Post
Wow never thought that car play is very important to some people. What's important to me when I'm in my daily driver car is my music streaming thru regular bluetooth and navigation (only when I have to go somewhere that I dont know, but even then, I can just use google maps and it will be connected via my car's bluetooth thru speakers of the car).
What else do you really need when driving? Maybe I just can't relate because I have android.
CarPlay is the only modern car tech I care about.

Fumbling with your phone while driving is dumb. All build into car nav is terrible. Leaving your phone in your pocket and being able to use, in your case, google maps on the car's built in screen is great. As is being able to select what you're listening to over bluetooth on a simplified for car use interface.

Plus it stays up to date as the car gets older, as the car is just the display-- the interface is determined by the phone.

And "free" data (as in, it uses your phone's data instead of requiring a data plan). And it barely touches the battery life of your phone, as the car's GPS is used instead of the phones.

It's just great-- and invalidates the need for all the crap ass infotainment that comes with cars stock (e.g. iDrive).

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 0