View Single Post
      12-02-2022, 04:35 PM   #19
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Agree that BMW missed the mark here. Hopefully they will fix it - as soon as possible. That said, I have never felt the hotspot (even when $20 with my ATT plan) was worth it if all you have are phones that already connect to the Internet. The rear screen may mean more need unless there is a way to allow an exisiting phone to mirror to the screen.
The even bigger problem with the rear screen, is that it can't be used while someone is driving the car because of how far forward both the seats need to be. I can tell you that they missed the mark here, because the minimum amount of distance from the screen to the the back of the seat when you put it all the way back, is huge, probably 4-6 inches. This is way too conservative. They should have figured out a way keep the seat back and the back of the screen with much closer tolerances.

At this point, unless the dealer can tell me something different, the screen is useless to me if I can't use it while I am driving.

Other than that, I don't have to tell you how great the car is. I don't know about anyone else, but all my friends and bystanders I have met, are flawed or speechless about this car and how stately it looks. I have gotten several comments that this car looks like a Rolls Royce.

Last edited by Lovin7er; 12-02-2022 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 2