View Single Post
      05-13-2015, 05:57 PM   #8
jeremyr4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 M3

I was also one of the lucky ones to see the new 7-Series yesterday, although I was part of the unveiling at a house in Beverly Hills. Interestingly, they told us the paparazzi was trying to take pictures of the car so they made us "huddle" around the car when it was unveiled to help shield the car. I found that funny considering there are pics of the final exterior on the web but it was interesting nonetheless.

I agree with everything that was said by the OP but I do want to add that I felt like the interior, albeit it a huge step up from the current 7-Series, was still about 1/2 notch below the S-Class, particularly when it came to the seats (they're just not quite as nice as the S-Class). They did a fantastic job with the interior in general, especially the rear seats, but the seats still look like they are a notch down. I also think they lost an opportunity to further evolve the center stack, as it is very similar to the current 7-Series but with some extra chrome. I will say that the new iDrive interface is great, as the touchscreen worked almost as well as a typical tablet and was very fast.

While some of the online pics do seem underwhelming, I do think that this car needs to be seen in-person, especially for the interior, before judgement is properly made. But I will say that I think the exterior is not enough of a change compared to the current 7-Series (the back end isn't bad but it's just not very different) and I think it will seem old pretty quickly. But I give BMW full credit for bringing the car as a whole pretty close to on par with the S-Class.
Appreciate 0