10-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxbf02 View Post
Just picked up my F02 last night (pics to come once I receive my 21" wheels). Have 2 quick questions:

1. My iPod playlist does not work; says no playlists, although I have over 10 on my iPod. Is there any software update I have to do on the iPod?

2. The pedestrian detection does not work on the Night Vision. Glancing thru the handbook on the iDrive, it says the "environment" has to be proper in order to PD to work. But PD does not work anywhere. What gives?

btw, this is a fun car to drive (and this is coming from a 997 turbo (which I had to give up due to the twins that are soon to arrive )

Thanks in advance.
As to question number 1, see Haydens message above. In regards to the PD, if memory serves me right, the car has to be moving at a certain speed (don't remember how fast) and the ambient temperature has to be cool enough for the system to distinguish between a person and the surroundings.
I don't think that PD works if the car is stationary and people walk in front of the car.

How did you test the PD function?

Also, I assume that you actually enabled the function as by default it is not!

I noticed that when I enable the night vision camera on my car, the PD function is always turned off and I need to first select it and turn it on for it to work!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0