10-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxbf02 View Post
1. I am using the latest generation iPod nano. I have a few more lying at home, so will test them out. Which generation iPod's are you guys using?

2. I have enabled the PD. I choose that option, but nothing happens. I have tried it going at around 40 kmh, 20kmh. 60kmh. It is around 34 degrees outside, but I am pretty sure that should not effect the PD.

Oh and a new thing happened today. I switched the NAV to "Automatic" day/night. And now its stuck at Night (today morning).

I tried out the Sat Nav yesterday. I get the trun by turn directions on the on the HUD. Is there anyway I can get the same to appear on the Nav screen (like the older iDrive systems)?

Last gripe (promise....so far): I have enabled the Home Light to 40s, but whenever I lock the doors (remote of by pressing the handle), the exterior lights turn off immiedately. I checked the Handbook, and am doing everything correct (I think). Do you guys have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your responses.
1. I don't use an iPod or iPhone for my music. I plugged a 64GB USB stick (with about 800MB of free space on it ) into the center console arm rests USB port and that's what I use for my music source.

2. Well, according to the manual, you need to be traveling at a rate of more than 6mph/10km/h and people need to be at least 49ft/15m in front of the car for the system to be able to detect and recognize a person. It also states that there needs to be a sufficient enough temperature difference between the surroundings and people for the system to be able to make the distinction. The detection works up to a distance of 328ft/100m. So I assume that if there are enough other warm or hot objects around in the view field of the camera, and the people you think the system should recognize are too far or too close (which I hope they aren't or else you have a problem!), the system will not be able to recognize them. I think I also read somewhere that the system does make a distinction between people that are walking on the road or those that are on the side walk. It will not warn you of people that are not on the road. It also will not recognize a person if that person is lying on the road!

3. I don't have an issue with my NAV screen changing from day to night mode. It worked perfectly from day one. But I do know that someone else had an issue with the screen not changing too. Do a search and you should find it. Although I don't think any solutions have been posted for it yet. You may need a software upgrade to get that fixed?!?

4. The turn by turn instruction should show up if you select split screen in the NAV menu and select arrow display on the split side!

5. Home light. I don't really use this function. Have to give it a try and see what mine does.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0