Vinny49
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8GC (Frozen Pure Grey)

Garage List
2023 BMW M8GC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley Scott View Post
How do you like yours now that you have it?

Any critiques on the car on how to improve it?
After having Cadillacs (Escalades and CTS-Vs) specifically since 2007, it's "different." This is my first BMW and in fact, my first German car.

I really like the M760 a lot for it's looks, comfort and performance. It's extremely comfortable and very easy to drive (almost effortless) and the V12 just has so much torque - the power delivery is instantaneous. Yeah, the thing likes to drink gas like a college kid drinks beer at a keg party, but I knew and expected that going in. Eco Pro gives me the chance to drive it in NYC with "better" MPG but I'll spend the majority of time in Sport+ because I love the exhaust burbles.

I told LawGuy in a DM that I was comparing the M5 Comp, M8 GC Comp, B7 and M760. Talk about comparing apples, oranges and watermelons... but the Comps sucked me in due to the raw power and sound. I then looked at the B7 and M760 because my wife and I always admired the 7 since the early 2000s (E38?). The 760 won out due to the M package and V12. The Alpina was SO freakin hard to walk away from though. So hard.

I've not much to compare it to on a daily driver level yet besides the Escalade and the CTS-V. The Escalades I've had (most recently a '16 Premium) had a wonderful, comfortable interior that I'd put maybe at a tie with the 7. Leather for days, real "unfinished" wood inlays, memory seating, digital dash - great truck overall. Just got bored of them. The V, well that thing is violent. While the interior is gorgeous, the outside and the engine are absolute beauties and I plan on keeping both the 7 and the V to satisfy different urges.

What would I change? Well I've had it for about 3 weeks so far and I can't say too much, but I need to drive it more:
- Exhaust sound. Yep, I know 7's are luxo-barges intended to be floaty, quiet and like a little sanctuary on the inside, but I sorta want the floaty/sanctuary with a raucous exhaust note. The reason I came to BMW was because of the M5/M8 exhaust crackle.
- The US version (I think?) removes the M and V12 badging from the body. I've since put my own badging on (OEM V12 and M badges).
- I'd probably have upgraded the brakes if that was a possibly - larger pot calipers in the rear to help stop this missile. The big brakes on my V have me spoiled.

Any problems? A few electrical things...
- Well, the HUD disappeared on us for a few hours. Had to leave the car off overnight to get it back. Odd.
- Locking seems sporadic. Most of the time when I walk away it locks, but sometimes... it doesn't? Maybe because I opened the trunk? I don't know.
- The rear sunroof shade now won't open. It's stuck in the closed position and the tablet and front buttons to open it don't work. Very very annoying. I've tried looking at the fuses but I think the one I need is in the BDC, and I have no clue where to find it. Service scheduled... just hope they don't tear the thing up.

Overall - No regrets, been fun to drive, can't wait to flog it a little and go for a roadtrip. Electrical annoyances but I'm sure they'll sort out.

Also - sorry for the long post!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
TXSTYLE13775.50
rtr7620.00