09-24-2020, 05:09 PM   #44
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Eh, I've been hearing "fossil" fuels are going obsolete since I've been in grade school in the early 1970's. By the late 1970's when I started driving, gas was an inflation-adjusted $2.72 for regular. I just filled up this morning with 93 Shell for $2.95/gal. And there are 3 billion more people on the planet (nearly double), and 100M more people in the US.
So have I, the only difference is now there are actual EV vehicles that are capable. 10-20 years ago mass production EV vehicles were a pipe dream, not so much today. In another 10-20 years you can bet EV vehicle production will ramp up heavily with the advancements of battery production / life. You can try your best to believe it won't happen (I hope it doesn't either), but it's going to happen. It may lag longer than the expected dates described above, but this isn't a USA only thing it will be global. Comparing the hearsay of going EV in the 1970's to now is also a bit of a .. stretch.....

P.S. I have never owned a single EV vehicle or hybrid, so I am not a proponent of getting rid of ICE but I do believe that ICE are going to severely decrease in the next 10-25 years and ultimately phase out of new ICE cars in many countries or big cities.

Last edited by JamesGames; 09-24-2020 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 0