View Single Post
      09-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #38
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmclone View Post
Honda Accord=Haven't driven one in a decade but they've always been good cars. Loaded I could get one for $35k new and drive it to the wheels fall off. With that said, I never "drive it to the wheels fall of". Would I get bored with it?
I can speak to the Honda. I have a 2.0T Touring (current gen) as a DD. It's comfortable, reasonably fast and has a decent stance. No issues, 2 years, about 20K miles and just runs. Around town, I get about 21-22mph and on road trips, I can get 34-36mpg.

The engine is also tunable. Hondata or Ktuner sell tunes that give you a nice bump in power (250hp to about 290/300 ish based on fuel etc.). 0-60 is about 5.6 ish stock so pretty decent. As a DD, it clearly is more than enough (note that this is the 2.0T that is in the Type R with some smaller turbos).

Suspension is softer of course, but I think Honda cars tend to be a little better in drive feel than the average Japanese brand (I heard Mazda is similar). The car comes stock with 19s... not harsh to me (but I also have an M3 so take that with a grain of salt).

Comfort wise, I'd highly recommend getting the Touring. You get Head Up display, navigation, telematics on your phone (Honda has an app now similar to BMW with fully fleshed out features like service reminders, geolocation, security features etc.) . You have to subscribe though.. ( I think its about 120 per year for all the features). Has everything you need, Carplay, Spotify but isn't wireless.

I think value wise, if you want a reliable, decently powered sedan with all the up to date creature comforts with reliability and a touch of sporty driving, this should be right up there.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions.

Edit:
I forgot to add that if you can negotiate, you can get one around $33K before tax, coupled with the fact these things depreciate so slowly, it's truly a great value. BUT if you're looking for something you won't get bored with, I think that's difficult as eventually we all get bored with our cars .

Last edited by CT_M3; 09-30-2020 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
David701567.00