View Single Post
      09-30-2020, 08:37 PM   #44
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

While the 3-series no longer feels "visceral" or "engaging" enough for me, I think it would check the boxes for you OP. It's definitely more comfort-oriented and daily drivable than 3-series than the models before 2012. And on that note, the A4/S4 has always been a great daily driver. C300 is too small and boring to drive, and the C43 is too stiff and unbecoming of a Merc in my opinion (with a cheap feeling cabin).

Hear me out on this...I currently have a new Lexus ES as a loaner car and I am incredibly impressed with it. It steers quickly, handles well for a mid-size FWD car, and the steering is somehow tighter than most BMWs. Pretty shocking stuff, but you should take one for a spin. Then there is always the heavily refreshed Lexus IS that is coming to dealers soon. It will be sportier than the ES but in my experience the 3rd gen IS still does NVH well and doesn't beat you up.

I'd also like to second a CPO Macan S. My father is 57 and is a tad overweight and very unathletic, so getting in and out of sedans started to get difficult for him. Nobody is making a sedan as fun to drive as his old E90 3-series either, so he opted for a Macan S and finds it to be a great car. It strikes the perfect balance between sporty/engaging to drive and comfortable. It's not floaty and wallowy like a G05 X5, instead it's firm enough to make you feel "in control."

Last edited by Germanauto; 09-30-2020 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0